Tuesday, May 29, 2012

15 Weeks

I haven't posted much about little pineapple. I just haven't had the time like I did with Gabby, but that's because I am chasing around after my little peanut right now.

I am 15 weeks (was last Friday) and I am actually feeling pretty well. It's a bit of a weird stage. I am too big for most of my regular clothes and too small for my maternity clothes. mostly because this baby is a little butterball and just going straight out, I carried my weight a bit different with Gabby. It also could be that my starting weight was a lot lower with Pineapple than with Gabby, but who knows.



My diabetes is in check. I was put on Glyburide (just a low dose) at night back on May 1st and that is really helping my fasting numbers in the morning. I am able to control the rest with just diet and exercise. I am cheating a bit here and there, but really it's hard not to sometimes. Because I am on meds my Midwife is having me see an OB that she co-manages with a lot. They are considering me "higher risk" just because of the meds. I met with my nutritionist a few weeks ago and she said that they might have to increase my meds or possibly switch me to insulin around week 26 or farther in the pregnancy. That's when your insulin production increases in a normal pregnancy, but when you have gestational diabetes your body can't make all that it needs. So I am praying that my body can still keep up and that diet, exercise and the little bit of meds I am on will be enough. If it doesn't it definitely increases my chances of a c-section, but hopefully we can avoid that.

My energy level is finally back to normal again and I don't feel like I am going to fall asleep at 8pm every night. Its nice to have my energy back because I can actually play with Gabby now when she wants to do something at night or on the weekends.









Big Sister

 
I am feeling a little bit of movement here and there but nothing huge as of yet, but it's still really early so I am not worried. I can't wait until June when I can hear the little one's heartbeat again.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts