Monday, March 5, 2012

Manic Mommy Monday - Working Mama~!

Since the last Blog Hop didn't jump up and bite me, I thought I would try another one! So it's week one of the Gnome's Mom's Manic Mommy Monday Blog Hop!


Manic Mommy Monday!


So like my other blogger friends, I am going to start out this week with an intro to who this Working Mama is!~

My name is Jessica and I have lived in the Midwest my ENTIRE life. I mean I grew up here with my parents, I went to college here, met my husband here, and stayed here so far. DH (Dear Husband) and I keep talking about moving to Cananda - Vancouver to be exact when we retire, but that's years away! I still every now and again look at houses up in that market and I am shocked that they have no garages! I mean seriously who can live without a garage...where do you put all our stuff. But I digress.

I have been married for 7 1/2 years and with my DH for 11 1/2 years. Thinking back its amazing that we even got together. I met him through a friend, but I wouldn't have met that friend had it not been for another friend that I grew up with. M and I lived across the street from each other since we were little kids (until I moved away), we were born on the same day and like brother and sister. He told his friend P to watch out for me when he found out we were both going to college together. Thus P & I became friends. P tried to set me up with Mike and when I saw him I was like "Nope, he is a nerd"...well 6 months later he was my nerd and we have been together ever since and its' been the best 11 1/2 years of my life. Now don't get me wrong we have had our trials and tribulations, but we have made it through and are even stronger for it!!


We have a beautiful little baby girl..who regulars to my blog know all about, because it's like all I blog about, and specifically the reason that I started blogging! before her,who really needed to know about my life...no one. Now I am addicted. But Gabriella, Gabby or Gabs as her grandfathers call her, is 18 months old going on 15. She is most adorable, beautiful, stubborn, independent and mama's girl all rolled into one.



I went back to work for a large corporation in their IT department when Gabby was just 11 weeks old. It broke my heart to leave her so early but I had to get back to bringing home the bacon....When I graduated college I never thought I would be in the career that I am in, but I have to say it's the best choice I have made for myself and my family. While it sucks to work 45 hours a week, I am a better mama for it. It gets my mind going, gives me a break from my baby girl, who is taken care of my WONDERFUL teachers at her school and refreshes me when it is time to be a parent.

So that's me! Stay tuned for more next week!



5 comments:

The Gnome's Mom said...

She's adorable!

The Gnome's Mom said...

And what a GORGEOUS middle name. Lorraine was my grandmother's name and is mine too. Lori for short :)

Unknown said...

Glad to find your blog! Will be following! Your daughter Gabby sounds just like my Fuss. She is going on 20 at nearly 2! lol

Shannon said...

Sassy little girls are the best :) She's adorable!

Jessica said...

Thanks ladies! I love her but it does test my patience at times.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts